Each building on our Ashburn data center campus is built on the foundations of sustainability, security, and durability. Modular design makes it easy for you to scale as your business grows.
- Single or multi-tenant buildings available
- Private suites and data halls available
- Designed for flexibility, customization, and easy scalability
SDC Ashburn's award-winning operations team of highly trained industry professionals works around the clock to ensure the security and reliability of your infrastructure. Each facility is professionally maintained to ensure the highest level of performance from your computing, network, and storage equipment.
- Critical environment monitoring 24/7
- State of the art control and monitoring systems
- Mission critical responsiveness to changes in the data center environment
- Online customer portal to access real time reporting
- Fire detection systems installed above and below racks
Cooling systems are an integral part of the data center ecosystem; we utilize meaningful innovations to decrease overall power usage while ensuring the optimal environment for our customers and their equipment.
- Evaporative and economizer cooling
- Hot aisle / cold aisle containment systems
- Roof top Air Handling Units
- Chilled Water system with CRAH units for Building B
Our redundant electrical systems provide a highly resilient environment to virtually eliminate downtime.
- 70+ MW of aggregate power delivered to the campus
- Up to 2.85 MW of critical power per module
- Onsite substation to help support our clients’ current and future power requirements
- Electrical backup systems in N+1 configuration
- Redundant HVAC systems designed for immediate failover
- Building B: 2.25 MW capacity generators with 48 hour run time at peak load
- Building C: 2 MW capacity generators with 72 hour run time at peak load
- On-site fuel supply for emergency events with additional supply through emergency fuel contracts
- Tier III standard equivalent
Our Ashburn data center is a carrier-neutral facility which allows interconnection between multiple telecommunication carriers for both local metro and long haul networks.
- Currently supports connections to more than 5 Tier 1 network providers
- Networks include Cogent, CrownCastle, Fiberlight, PacketFabric (SDN), SummitIG (dark fiber), and Zayo (lit and dark fiber), with additional carriers building in regularly.
- Dual campus fiber entries and redundant pathways
- On-site carrier-class Meet-Me-Rooms
We build and maintain sustainable data center facilities that are energy efficient and reduce impact on the environment.
- All-LED lighting
- Energy Star Certified
- Low PUE design
Our secure Ashburn data center uses multi-tier access control measures. Well-documented methods and procedures also play a role in ensuring the security of our mission-critical facilities.
- Security personnel on site 24/7
- Perimeter security including setbacks, berms, and fencing
- Secure access checkpoints at every door
- CCTV cameras positioned throughout the campus
- Mantraps located at each building entrance
- Biometric locks on outside doors
We adhere to multiple compliance standards to ensure that your equipment, data, and business interests are well protected.
- HIPAA & HITECH
- PCI DSS
- SSAE 18 SOC 1 Type 2 and SOC 2 Type 2
- ISO 27001 Certified
Our high-performance data center campus was designed and constructed with more than just racks and servers in mind. Our facilities are built to make our customers feel productive and comfortable while they are on-site.
- Attractive dedicated entrances and signage potential
- Shared common area conference rooms, hoteling stations, restrooms with showers and lockers
- Dedicated equipment yards are secure and convenient
- High & grade level loading docks
- Storage and office space